Sunday, July 05, 2009

4th of July Campout

With Jer's Schedule he only gets one weekend off a month, and it just happened to fall on 4th of July weekend, I've been expecting that he would have no choice but to work that weekend and he'd lose his weekend off for the month. It made me sad, but I've come to expect that from his job. Anyone ever considering retail, DON'T DO IT!!!! What I wouldn't give for him to have evenings and weekends off, and our family is paying the price for it. Back to 4th of July, I was SHOCKED when Jer came home and told me they gave him the weekend off, I was so happy because I knew he could go camping with us and play Bingo, our campground always has a HUGE Bingo game that is alot of fun (I'm not a fan of Bingo, but we always have a good time). Of course we had a good time, the girls had a blast, and since I'd been stressed lately Jer let me off the hook of parenting duties and I got to finish New Moon. The weather was a little warm, but our spot is VERY shaded and the river was a good spot to keep cool as well! I know I probably won't be as lucky next year, so I have to make the most of every little thing! Oh and something Cal always does when we are camping, when we are walking and she finds a flower, she makes sure she can find enough for everyone and brings one back for everyone. Always thinking of others!


Cal is my animal LOVER!!! She tends to torcher them and kill them, but not on purpose, she just is still a little rough. She found this caterpillar and was excited to show him off!
Swinging in Papa's Hammock, I had to turn away because Papa and Daddy wanted to have "fun" swinging the girls, and I'm just too much of a pansy and am afraid that someone will get hurt! :)

Hanging with Papa, he's such a pushover! :)
Posted by Picasa
Cal Stealing Grandmas Cherries, Lora was hilarious. She'd eat one half, then spit it out, then take the part with the pit, put it in her mouth and spit the whole thing back out. Silly girl, ended up spitting the whole cherry out and not eating any, guess she just liked to spit!
The girls making their selves comfortable on Papa's lap, hope he didn't want to relax!
Cal showing grandma how to play, that crazy girl would loop them around and almost hit herself each time!

Posted by Picasa
So after we were done playing games, we decided to go to bed, this is who we found in OUR bed, and this is exactly how we found her, propped up like that! :)
Of course we had to head down to the river!


Posted by Picasa



My poor girl, always tripping and falling, if there was ONE gene I wish she wouldn't have gotten, would've been my clumsiness! And she seems worse than myself, Lord help us!
Posted by Picasa



Lora LOVED finding this stick!
Posted by Picasa
Daddy decided to look for Crawdad's and the first rock he turned over, he found one, Cal was SOOOOO excited, of course she thought it was a lobster, but does it really matter?

Lora could care less about the Crawdad and instead decided to play more in the water!

Posted by Picasa
Getting ready for Bingo!

Yes, they are crazy! :)

Posted by Picasa
Thanks Dad!
Lora decided she was going to help Grandma and Papa! Maybe she was his lucky charm, because he won the VERY first game! WOO HOO!
Lora wanted to drive home, so she got too!
Cal had to find the deer!
Posted by Picasa
Watch where you're going Lora!
Dad found something in his chair!

She laughed so HARD, she didn't know what else to do......
Posted by Picasa

Even though you're filthy, you're still cute!
Lora can't help but look at her reflection back through my camera, I have SOOOO many pics of her looking down like this into the lens trying to see herself!
And her Cheesy Grin!
Posted by Picasa

Holy cow, I'm actually in a pic, I do love it though when Jer will pick up the camera and snap photos, see I really am there in our lives, I just don't look like it! LOL I had a good time with Cal pushing us in the Hammock, I like swinging!

Of course had to get in a few games of Ladder Golf!
Posted by Picasa
The girls had fun just hanging and coloring!
Lora's turn!
When she hugs your leg, she says I Love You! It's so cute!
My cute husband! Can't believe we've been together for 13 years, I feel soooo old! But that seems to be a reoccuring theme
Posted by Picasa
Got it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: