Well we've been fans of Manafest for several years now...... So when I saw that he was coming to Portland we were SOOOOO excited. I even tried to have a show down here, but I had very little time and no support from the church's that I contacted, that really bummed me out. I'm not sure what is up with the Church's but recently I've had several instances where different chruch's didn't want to get involved, it really breaks my heart because you'd think they'd want to be involved in the community. Sorry just my beef. :( No one is perfect and church's are not exempt from that.
Back to Manafest. Well if you don't know he's a Christian Rapper, with a great sound, on the last two albums there has been more of a rock feel in his music which has been great! He's worked with many artists including Thousand Foot Krutch! We knew that it was at a highschool, but we found out that one of the high schoolers, decided for a class project that he'd hold a concert to spread God's Message and to have fun! He did everything, including getting sponsors to help pay for the concert. I found out about the concert through Manafest's website so we called up some friends and went and rocked out. It was probably the smallest concert we've ever been too, but it made it all the more intimate. Oh and we had to get over the fact that we were the oldest ones there besides parents! LOL! Oh well, thankfully I'm the same age as Manafest so as long as he can still put out records and rock out I CAN TOO! :)
One last tidbit, I bet we are the fans that have traveled the longest distance to see a Manafest concert..... We drove to Vancouver Island in BC for a concert (which was sooooo awesome)
All of us getting a quick pic with Manafest before he went onstage and got all sweaty!
The pic below would've been so perfect..... But the guy in the black hat had to get in my way! Oh well!
Manafest Freestylin' it!

No comments:
Post a Comment