Well if you know anything about our life, it's that it seems like that something is always going wrong or breaking. LOL! Today is no exception!
So it all started off well..... This morning we woke up to a light dusting of snow and we were all excited.
I put a chicken in the oven so Jer could have a warm meal before heading off to work at noon, Jer went outside to make sure the Christmas Tree was dry and that we could bring it in to the house. He came back in and asked me to get down the lights from the attic, so I went into the room, and as I pulled down on the ladder the spring broke and there was a loud crash, of course I freaked out and jumped back because I thought it was all coming down on my head. But thankfully it stayed up partially, however it was stuck in the current position and it needed to be taken down and replaced with a new attic ladder, how would he be able to get this done in time to leave for work?
Here is the funny part, when we first moved into the house we knew that the ladder needed to be replaced, and one of our first purchases was a new ladder, of course it's been sitting in the box IN MY ROOM, since then (almost 5 years ago)! I think I need to NAG MORE, then maybe it would've been done already!
Well that being said we had a replacement ready to go, rather than having to go to the store and buy a new one. Jer had just over an hour before he needed to head to work, and he knew he had to get the old one down and the new one up or else all the cold air in the attic would fill our bedroom while he was gone all day at work. Now most people might have just called work and say they had an accident and would be a few minutes late, but not Jer, he won't ever call in, and the kicker is he had to pick up the only other manager that would be closing with him tonight, so he felt he had no choice but to get it done as quick as possible! And guess what he finished it with 5 minutes to change and leave for work! Of course my bedroom is a complete mess (yes even more dirty than usual)
Of course I want all of my home imrovement projects to get done, but hopefully the next one we won't be so crunched for time!
No comments:
Post a Comment