Saturday, November 01, 2008

Lora Swimming

We spent our Halloween at IMPACT, totally love the program, it is so AMAZING, and it wasn't a big deal for us to miss Halloween, since we don't do anything really anyways. I'm sure next year we'll attend a Harvest Party at church, but that's about it. Don't get me wrong, I love the dressing up, well the decent dressing up, but I don't like the origins and so as a family we've chosen to be different. I had a good suggestion when talking about this topic, and that was to instead focus on the people who've made Christianity what it is today, Like Martin Luther, William Tyndale, I liked the idea, it's mind boggling to think that not too long ago when most of Europe was under the Roman Catholic church, that no one could read the Bible, which is something we all take for granted. Each time I think about it, I thank the Lord for these people who stood up and changed history, and then I pick up my Bible with the most respect. Of course their sacrifices were nothing compared to the ULTIMATE sacrifice, but it's an educational piece that I think often gets over looked.

So back to our swimming.
Lora's had a rough go. When she was little we couldn't keep her out of a pool, and then someone told Lora there were sharks in the water, thus the now fear of water. Well she's been doing better, but then all of a sudden she started regressing and screaming in the pool, she doesn't explain why and I'm not sure. Here is some video of her swimming, poor Lauren her helper, you can see her get her neck ripped off, but she does a GREAT job with Lora. Thankfully when I tapped this she had stopped screaming for the moment and actually tried to swim to the wall. I pray she gets better before we get our pool up, or I may just have to dunk her a few times! J/K


No comments: