Saturday, September 27, 2008

SIGNING TIME WITH RACHEL COLEMAN

Okay so it's Friday, first thing we meet up and finish T shirts for the Buddy Walk, I need to get a pic of the craziness! After we were done we headed over to Rachel's hotel to drop off a care package from us as well as a bunch of stuff that Lindsey had shipped to my home, Yeah they basically moved in! I couldn't believe the HUGE boxes! So after that I grabbed Mc D's so Lora would have lunch, dropped her off at school, then ran to Roth's to pick up signs as well as finish a few other last minute errands. After Lora got out of school we changed the girls and headed to Morningstar Church to meet with Joann, who was so awesome. As I arrive I get a call from Lindsey saying they were lost in downtown Salem, before I could get their exact location I had realized they were headed out to Keizer and were almost ALL THE WAY OUT BY MY HOUSE, when they needed to be in South Salem! Well I got them back to where they needed to be! And they arrived in time, which helped put me at ease. My nerves were shot, I just wanted it to go well! Things went well and her performance was great, and it was so cool to see so many families there, with and without Down syndrome. My only wish is that we had more money so we could've advertised it more. But I still think it was a success. Before she went on stage it was funy I went looking for Lindsey, so I peek my head in and say Hello, and I hear Rachel's voice but can't see her anywhere, I ask for Lindsey and find out she's in the bathroom, so I wait, and I'm curious because I'm talking to Rachel but I can't see her, and then I peek around the couch and there she is sitting on the floor, checking her emails, and doing her makeup. She acted more like any average person than a star, I mean you think of so many people requesting things, and Rachel never once did (besides sound requirements, but nothing out of the ordinary). I laughed when I realized that is where she was, and I told her I wished I could talk to God like that, you know have a conversation but not see him, but then realize he was right there all along! Okay one last Rachel thing. After the performance she stayed and greeted EVERY LAST PERSON, I think it was close to 2 hours after the performance! She took her time and spent time listening to everyone! It was so great! What an AMAZING person!

Rachel in her little corner, reading her email, and fixing her makeup, showing me her playlist.
Some down time, she was too funny!

Of course Lora wouldn't do her sign of Grumpy when Rachel asked her, but she did EVERY OTHER sign, I think she didn't like being put on the spot, not a performer when she realizes everyone is looking at her. However as you can see, she knows the song.
Posted by Picasa



The Silly Pizza Song, always a favorite, she got a family and another boy to come up on stage to do it with her. Afterwards they had to fall down because they were all out of breath. Then Rachel onstage asks for water for everyone, and well um I only brought 4 water bottles for Rachel because I didn't think she'd need more, so I ran back and there was 1 left, so I felt like such a dork only bringing 1 bottle out, oh well!
Girls, Girls, EVERYWHERE! Some of the Buddy Walk committee children, who all happen to be girls!
Posted by Picasa

Patie, my friend who pulled the Buddy Walk off, thank goodness for this lady getting it all organized! Couldn't ask for anyone better!
More Rachel!


Posted by Picasa


Rachel is just too cute!

I love this, of course I'm sure she probably won't like it as much because she's singing, but I just "love" it!
Posted by Picasa

Hey Mom, look it's Rachel, Alex, and Leah. That is how Cal liked them, in the picture, she didn't want them in real life! :)

No comments: