That said, I've had a few recent things that have made me feel like I'm getting OLD........
Gone are my carefree, childless days. Now if I want to go anywhere, gotta haul the children with me or find a sitter. Can't "just" take off for the weekend, can't just sit and veg and do NOTHING all day long, cause someone has to feed the kiddos, maybe I'll start "training" them to fend for themselves. Man how life changes as you get older.
I've always heard old people saying, man the years flash before your eyes, and now I'm saying THAT!
Our family went to a High School play, as I was watching the actors, I realized that I changed one of the actors diapers, He is now a Senior and WAY over 6 foot tall, 250+lbs, and I changed HIS DIAPERS, ewwww, weird!
I got asked by my brother's girfriend if I was his "aunt" mind you there is a 12 year age difference, but I didn't feel old enough to be his AUNT.
I went to a hip hop concert and we were some of the oldest there, we were the oldest standing in the crowd, all the "parents" were sitting in the seats, guess that's where I probably should've been!
Had that same feeling at Creation Fest when Eleventy Seven, yells out how many of you were born in the 90's? And the majority of the crowd goes CRAZY! Then they yell how many of you were born in the 80's? Does 79 count for 80's, I mean I wasn't THAT FAR OFF, just a few months........
I've got all my little cousins trying out for America's next top model, and so I was helping them and as I was reading the "requirements" I found that I would FAIL their age requirement. I WAS TOO OLD! What? Now I'd never try out my big hips and 5 foot 3 frame just wouldn't cut it, but still I couldn't try out even if I got a wild hair and wanted too!
Then the kicker was this weekend at Old Navy, I needed to buy some new jeans, There were 3 cuts, Classic rise (the highest, I'm thinking "mom" jeans), Low rise, and ultra low rise. Granted I haven't bought a new pair of jeans in a few years, however my current jeans are all Old Navy, and they are low rise or ultra low rise. So I grabbed a pair of the low rise and the ultra low rise in my size off the shelf and headed towards the fitting room. BLASTED I couldn't SQUEEZE into either, and I WAS NOT GOING UP A SIZE (actually probably needed to be up a FEW sizes), my old jeans with holes would just have to do. As I placed the jeans back, about ready to retreat to the car, I decided to have one last go at the "old lady" jeans that I just knew would be way too high! So grabbed my size and headed back to try these out.... So I get in the dressing room and much to my surprise MY SIZE was too big, but they were a great cut, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD? So I went back out and grabbed the next size down (so happy for the decrease in size, I haven't been in that size since before I had kids), they fit perfectly! I was SOOOOO excited. Of course I KNEW I'm not any smaller, I have no clue why such a difference in the sizes between the different cuts. Of course probably my child bearing hips and big butt don't help! So there I was with the "old lady" jeans, of course they are no higher than my current low rise jeans, GRRRRRRR, but whatever!
And then of course I found a saying that sums up my feelings..... We're Adults, When did that happen, And how do we make it stop?
If anyone knows the answer to this question, Please pass it on to me! :)
So 1 good thing did come out of all of this MADNESS, because of the gals wanting to be America's Next Top Model, I got some great urban shots to add to my portfolio, plus I had fun with the photo editing of the color, he, he or lack of!

2 comments:
Great Pictures ;-)
Anna loves that show too.... She trying to watch on Wed. ;-)
I feel the SAME way about being 30 and how clothes fit, etc...although I'm almost 31 in a couple weeks and can't believe it...anyways...great pics too! I didn't know you did photography.
Post a Comment