Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Kids say the greatest things!

So I'm really working hard to get my Scentsy business out there.  One thing that I knew that works was to make small samples of each of the scents and then friends and family can use those samples to sell Scentsy by taking it to work or sharing it with friends, all while they earn money towards free stuff.  Well Scentsy has samples already made, but I priced it out, and knew I could save money buy purchasing the big samples and melting them down into small cosmetic containers.  So that was my plan and today I set out to make that happen.    

I had gotten the idea off the Scentsy website, so I spent the afternoon melting the scents by placing the large containers in a warm water bath on the stove.  It was fun to smell all the scents in the air.  Jer was awesome, he kept the girls out of my hair so I could work on this.  After a few hours Calleigh comes in and wants to help.  I'm a messy person so the last thing I need is help.  She went away and then came back, and said, "Mommy, You're making money?"  I laughed so hard.  I thought that was so cute.  

Of course I found out that Jer had talked with her earlier and she had asked what Mom was doing and he told her that I was making money.  Hopefully she won't remember this instance later in life when I tell her we don't have the money, knowing my luck she'll say Mom, go melt some wax then!  

I do have to say I'm a lucky gal, Jer came in and helped me finish all my testers, even halping with the labels.  

No comments: