Sorry no fun pics for todays posting.
So gotta tell you about my fun experience this morning. For all of you who don't know I have a low platelet count as well as dysfunctional platelets, which means that I have to have my counts checked on a routine basis. Which of course means a blood draw, and I DO NOT LIKE that idea. God sure had a funny sense of humor when he decided to give me this challenge (ha ha ha). Now over the years I've learned to deal with it, I've had enough pokes to know which arm and which vein to use. But I STILL won't watch it, because of my fear that they'll miss, and be digging around for that stupid vein, so I always look away. And the funny thing is I have a high pain tolerance, have had two kidney stones and 2 natural child births, I don't know what it is about needles. A quick funny story about needles, at one point I was in the ER with Kidney stones and the Dr wanted to give me an IV for the pain and I seriously asked don't you have this in a pill form, and he looked at me and said are you serious, and I said yep, he said the pain would go away quicker with an IV and I explained to him I'd been in that kind of pain for over an hour, another 10 min wouldn't kill me.
Well today I get to my Hematologists office and the best part about their office is WELL DUH, a BLOOD Doctor, and what do they do all day, draw blood! So a new gal brings me back and gets all my info, and then she starts forgetting little things and explains shes cross training to help if the MA's get backed up. Then I'm stupid and ask so do you draw blood much? And of course she answers Nope! And I said Great, so I'm your guinea pig, good luck my veins aren't the best, and I nervously laugh. I'm thinking over and over she'd going to really screw this up, and this is already one of my least favorite things to do. So I sit down prepare my arm and the other gal is there telling her what to do and watching her every step of the way. I ready to freak out because it seems like this is HER VERY FIRST TIME EVER, great and on me. Well she fumbles and fumbles and I'm ready to jump out of my chair, when the experienced lady steps in and says let me do this one and you can watch! PRAISE THE LORD, HALLELUJAH! She comes in and was perfect, didn't feel a THING, gotta love the gals who know what they are doing. I was very grateful that I didn't have to endure the newbie. And hopefully the next time I come, she'll be a pro. As I sat waiting to see my WONDERFUL Dr, I hear the newbie out in the hall with an elderly woman, and the woman says I'm a hard draw(hmm, maybe that's how you get out of having the newbie prick you). Never did hear whether she did it or not, my Doc came in at that time, but I was glad it wasn't me!
Another side note, if you EVER need a Hematologist/Oncologist. I have the BEST. Dr. Frederick Ey, or to the girls he's Uncle Dr. Fred! I am sooo blessed to have him for a Dr.
Oh and not so great news, my counts were kinda low, we won't do anything but just hate being below 50K. I'm usually around 60K.
No comments:
Post a Comment