Saturday, February 17, 2007

4 Wheelin' with the Harrington's

The girls spent the day with Nama and Papa B, and we got a chance to go up riding our 4 wheelers (actually I got to borrow one of my dad's) Our nephew spent the weekend with us so he rode on my quad since it was much bigger. We had a great day riding trails and making some of our own trails. I had an amazing time, it was just like when I was a kid riding around on the farm, but we didn't have trails like these! :-) Jerime and I go every year to the Dunes and he rides on the sand, but after taking a nasty fall out there I can't bring myself to go back out there and really ride I think it's the uncertainty of the sand and how it can move. But this I had no fears, it was just riding through trails, up rock beds, yeah there were some scarier part, but nothing like the sand, I think it's all just in my head, but oh well. Anyways we had an amazing time, the only think next time that would make it easier would be to ride my quad by myself, because having Daniel on the back kept pushing me forward and it was had balancing his shifting weight. I also am proud to say that unlike many other people with us, I did an AWESOME job driving I kept up with everyone else and I didn't get stuck! YEAH! I am ready to go again, I can't wait for the girls to be able to go.

From 2007 Pics
Getting Suited Up!

From 2007 Pics


From 2007 Pics
My Man and his Quad, notice no front fenders, shh, don't tell him he's going to go through deep water and mud holes! :-)

From 2007 Pics
The trail got blocked off by a downed tree, so we decided to make our own trail, this is Jer going through the thick brush, we had to get off our quads to help others through. This part was one of the worst parts, afterwards they had to pull a huge stick out of my front axle.

From 2007 Pics
This Picture doesn't do this justice, Jer is climbing up a semi dry waterfall that we all climbed up, it was a hard climb purely because of all the large rocks that we had to go over. It was a pretty good climb, but like I said the picture does not do it justice.

From 2007 Pics
Uh, Oh this Chevy truck got high centered on a HUGE Boulder! Oh the scraping as they pulled it off, I'm sure that he had problems afterwards. I couldn't believe they would even try going up these trails, there just wasn't alot of room for us, let alone a truck, but you saw alot of trucks and jeeps up there! Crazy people

From 2007 Pics
One of the views from above

From 2007 Pics
A beautiful Waterfall

From 2007 Pics


From 2007 Pics
Another pretty view.

From 2007 Pics
You can't see the mudd on my face because of all of my freckles, but it's there!

From 2007 Pics


Jer's quad is dwarfed by my beast! That quad rocked, it had no problems with those trails! I want one!!!!!!!

No comments: